After living in New York City for almost 30 years, I realized that I was economically burdened by the following:
- High taxes and more than one kind of taxation
- Numerous and out-of-control fees
- An ever-growing and corrupt local bureaucracy without accountability
Unfortunately, and much to our chagrin, we find the same elements that turned our previous home into an expensive, crime-ridden city taking root in our city: Increasing property taxes, new fees to grab revenue, and a high-salary, big local government. If we continue this course, we will lose our city and quite possibly our homes.
- A balanced budget every year
- Eliminate red-light cameras
- Look at city ordinances which may be a burden to property owners and businesses
- Let The People Vote! Abide by the City Charter and allow the people to decide if they want to pay more for services or projects.
I know that I will be only one of five Council Members, but I believe these things can happen with firm leadership, persistence and most of all, your help. I hope that you will lend me your support and help me get elected in November 2012 for Palm Bay City Council Member Seat 2.
I will be making frequent updates and sharing more on facebook as well as the release of my website.
Thank you and God Bless.
Harry Santiago Jr.